Place for bright colors,Beautiful architectural place.Being saree lover nothing is less when i was walking through beautiful of sarees
chettinad is place known as karaikudi.it is in south tamil nadu is place of the sivaganga district that is place for weaving the chettinad sarees manufacturers.
* chettinadu sarees also known as kandangi sarees,most of southern tamil nadu called kandangi sarees
* chettinadu saree are mixed palette of colors with earthy tones.
*chettinadu cotton saree comes with cottons.
*Now a days chettinadu people making sarees with pure silk also
*Traditional designs and the first priciples of ancient version are given most importance .
*The main body saree consist of piethora.
* The pallu of the sarees were woven with grain of material stripe.you can also see checks and different colors.
* Making chettinadu sarees are flexiable at the time of modern designs.
*make sarees for daily use ,ausipicious day ,celebration in office,festivals .making a sort of fashion twist with a ethnic apporach depending on whether conditions.
How to find pure/original/geniune chettinad sarees :
simple extra bend designs
texture in saree can comparitivey thicker than duplicate saree
whole body of the saree does not have grain of material
Chettinadu cotton saree manufacturers or weavers are having their goal to give
best production at best price for their buyers or customers
* chettinadu sarees making 5.5 meter saree from the price between 500 to 15000
*Pure silk sarees price between 2500 to 75000/-some of wear 2 lakhs with specialized designer wear collections
using of pure gold zari borders.. chettinadu cotton sarees to satisfy their customer and new customers
* chettinadu cotton sarees are usually form (fabric or a fabric item) by interlacing long threads passing in one direction with others at a right angle to them.
* New trend still continues former making sarees to meets the needs of modern women wearers.at present silk and cotton are used as basic items to prepare elegant chettinadu cotton sarees attractively with
out side part embroidery designs and graceful colorful repeated decorative design.
To get saree flat,regular surface and finer the thread count can increase to meet the quality chettinadu sarees.
*kandaangi or chettinadu weavers using synthetic fabrics and machines to be in synthetic,very demand now a days all over india especially tamilnadu,andhrapradesh,telangana and karnataka
*now a days , young women are also wearing the chettinadu sarees to show as a traditional look
* chettinadu sarees having great demand through out world like USA,AUSTRALIA,CANADA,SINGAPORE,NEWZELAND AND LONDON
Machinery and Raw material requirement for making chettinadu
1)winding machine with wood charas for spinning purpose
2)cylindrical wooden frame which is wraping machine used to make the wrap
3)Hand craning to form spindles.
4)fly shuttle which is for while weaving to form weft
5)The traditional wooden jacqurd which enables design for the sarees borders
Making process of chettinadu sarees
*first starts with making the yarn woven across the wrap.weavers bring cotton yarn and dyed in colors either in house or its send to dyers place where its operating locally.
keep cotton yarns in winding machine for spinning..some areas this process is also make manually,get all yarns from spools
Next taken for making warping by warping machine,Big wooden mahcines are used to prepare for warps.
Weft yarn is cut on a plastic cylinder from the coil. The the crosswise threads on a loom that are passed over and under the warp threads to make cloth. yarn is wound as the weaving
progresses. This can make at home or by family members who have got time for it.
Piecing is where the current finishes on the reed-heald setup is joined with the closures from the new twist
yet, bending. This pre-weaving process is embraced by more established ladies in the family.
At long last the loom is stacked with twist and after that the weaving begins. While weaving craftsmans physically repair the
broken twist. The woven saree is wrapped on the wooden casing at ordinary interims. Craftsmans pass/utilize extraordinary
shades of differentiating strings while weaving to make structures.
After the saree is made it is taken out